Terms and Conditions (T’s & C’s)
These T’s & C’s, which are subject to amendment from time to time, govern your use of all Cybercology Services.
Please review the following T’s & C’s carefully before using this Service. If you do not agree with these T’s & C’s, please do not use this Service.
If you wish to make a formal complaint about any of the editorial content on this site, please get in touch.
- This Service is owned and operated by Carolyn Freeman Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5888551 with its registered office at 67 Saxonbury Road, Bournemouth, BH6 5ND.
- Where we use the term “Service” we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or any other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
- Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audiovisual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our contributors, advertisers, licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
- Where we refer to “Cybercology”, “we”, “us” and “our” we mean Carolyn Freeman Ltd trading as “Cybercology” and each of our respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and contributors or representatives.
- Where we refer to “you” and “your” this means or relates to you the user.
- You understand and agree that we may add to or change these T’s & C’s at any time. New T’s & C’s are effective immediately upon posting to the Service. Your continued use of the Service shall constitute on-going acceptance of these T’s & C’s, as updated on an ad-hoc basis and from time-to-time. We, therefore, recommend that you check this page regularly.
3rd-party links, service providers and linking to the Service.
- The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by 3rd parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those 3rd parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
- The Service may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by 3rd party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, blogs, auctions, shopping and payment processing. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with these is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these T’s & C’s. Cybercology specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such 3rd party service providers.
- Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not
- create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
- harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
- imply that Cybercology is endorsing it or its products or services;
- infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to Cybercology’s reputation or commercial interests.
- Cybercology expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
Use of the Service
- You may retrieve and display Content from this Service on a computer screen or other device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content. You agree to use the Service only for your own personal non-commercial use and lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these T’s & C’s, you agree not to use the Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, submit download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Acceptable Content Policy below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- to copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Service, including by any automated or manual process or otherwise;
- Other than connecting to Cybercology’s servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Cybercology’s servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
- You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Service or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Service.
- To the extent the Service includes a download of software such as an app, you agree not to (and not to attempt to or encourage others to): (i) use the software or app for any use or purpose other than as expressly permitted by these T’s & C’s; or (ii) copy, adapt, modify, reverse engineer, decompile disassemble, otherwise tamper with, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the software or app or any portion of the software or app, except as expressly permitted in these T’s & C’s.
Content by You or other users
- “UGC” means any Content that you or other users upload, submit or make available to the Service.
- You understand that your communications on the Service are not private or confidential and may be viewed by others accessing the Service.
- We reserve the right to, but undertake no duty to, review, edit, move or delete any UGC in our sole discretion and without notice.
- We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted as UGC. Any information or material placed online by other users of the Service, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the view of Cybercology. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we have no responsibility or liability to you for UGC including for any failure to or delay in removing UGC. If you have a complaint about any UGC, Get in Touch.
- You are solely responsible for your UGC and may be held liable for UGC that you post. In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable Content Policy and not submit UGC that:
- Is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of 3rd party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable.
- impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of Cybercology or its companies or business partners.
- you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal.
- promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug-taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service’s infrastructure, or otherwise adversely affects, restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routines.
- When you submit UGC, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable licence to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your UGC.
- We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional T’s & C’s that apply to specific parts of the Service. Such additional T’s & C’s will be posted in the relevant parts of the Service, and will be clearly identified. Your use of those parts of the Service constitutes your agreement to those additional T’s & C’s.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All Content and other material on the Service is owned by us or our 3rd party licensors (and is protected by international copyright, trade dress, design, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved to us and our licensors
- You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Service. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from these.
- Making unauthorised copies of Content found on this Service may result in the prohibition of your use of the Service and further legal action.
- Cybercology does not verify suppliers listed in their advertising directory
- Any contact you make with advertisers, including products or services you obtain from them, is done so entirely at your risk.
- We respect the intellectual property and other rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe the rights of others.
- Copyright: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please Get in Touch.
- Defamation: If you believe that another user has defamed you on the site through their UGC, please Get in Touch to inform us. You will need to give us certain information to allow us to investigate properly.
- You agree to indemnify Cybercology and its contributors, licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits and liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) that may arise from your UGC, from your unauthorised use of our Content, or from your breach of these T’s & C’s.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that your use of the Service is at your own risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your use, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Cybercology and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives hereby expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral, in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the Service.
- Cybercology does not represent or warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Service. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the Service at times or locations of your choosing, or that we will have adequate capacity for the Service as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
- In no event shall Cybercology or its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, be liable for direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from your use of the Service, the internet or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Service, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Service, your use of or reliance on the Service or any of the information or materials available on the Service, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions, liability shall be limited to the full extent permitted by law. Cybercology does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any 3rd party product or service offered through the Service and will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and 3rd-party providers of products or services.
- Liability will not be limited in the case of fraudulent misrepresentations, death or personal injury directly caused by their negligence, or any other liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of applicable law.
- We have the right to terminate your use of or ability to access the Service, for any reason, without notice.
Brand Safety Policy
Cybercology values our advertisers and takes brand safety very seriously.
In order to achieve this and minimise the risk of misplaced ads we have strict policies that we adhere to for all campaigns we manage.
All digital advertising campaigns are managed by our in-house team using the latest technology and verification techniques.
All ads placed on our site are placed in a high quality, brand-safe editorial environment for advertisers with no UGC.
No ads are placed on 3rd party sites.
In the unfortunate event that an advert is displayed on content the advertiser considers inappropriate, Cybercology will remove this advert within no more than 24 hours.
Upon raising this issue our internal team will remove any activity deemed in breach of our contractual obligations.
- In the event that any term of these T’s &C’s is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the T’s & C’s shall remain valid and enforceable. These T’s & C’s are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to Get in Touch.