We live in a digital technology world that is constantly changing. It can feel like we are constantly connected – to the point that it may feel like problematic behaviour.
- Do you work in a high-stress environment or does your role have high levels of job demands that you feel you cannot mentally switch off outside of work, so you constantly check your phone for work messages and emails?
- Are you neuro-divergent and find being connected to your phone, or a gaming device, can be a way to either self-soothe your emotions or escape from the constant hum and onslaught of life?
- Do you regularly feel stressed or anxious and use your phone or social media as a way to de-stress, but find it doesn’t actually work?
For many of us, digital technology use has become a crutch or an escape. But, our technology isn’t designed as a therapeutic tool, so even if it works for a while, we slowly become hooked on constantly checking our phones, scrolling through social media, playing just a little bit longer on the game…
Through constantly repeating behaviour that we once found useful, the very thing that once brought us relief now brings us anxiety and feels empty and controlling.
If this sounds like you, it may be time to ‘break up with your technology’ and find a way to develop a new relationship with your devices and gadgets, setting healthier boundaries and developing habits that improve your overall digital mental health and wellbeing.
If you feel that your digital technology use has become an issue, then coaching therapy may help.
Why coaching therapy?
Therapy can help to uncover some of these root causes of ‘why’. It can help us to understand and come to terms with past and current life events. Once you know the causes, it is easier to develop personal strategies that help you move forward.
Coaching can help to build personal tools and bespoke tactics and strategies. These develop into skills and life habits that help manage our individual day-to-day lives and circumstances in a healthier, more sustainable way.
What type of coaching therapy is available?
All the coaching therapy is related to either the cause of or the resulting outcome of Adult Problematic Digital Technology Behaviour.
The cause of excessive use can be:
- Working in a high-stress environment.
- Having ADHD/ADD or other neuro-diversities.
- Struggling with low self-esteem or anxiety.
- Needing to escape from current reality.
The outcome of excessive use can be:
- Excessive work-related technology use after work hours leading to stress and anxiety.
- Struggling to put boundaries in place between work and home life.
- Gaming addiction that is impacting sleep, health, relationships or work.
- Online addiction (including social media use) that is leading to anxiety, depression or low-self esteem.
Therapeutic tools used during sessions:
All sessions are based on a human-centred approach. This means that you, as the client, are an individual, with your own unique make-up, life issues and pre-dispositions.
This approach is the foundation of all sessions.
Sometimes talking therapy is used and sometimes specific tools are introduced – either within the session or as part of home practice.
When tools are used, these may include bespoke versions found in:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Positive Psychology
- Narrative Psychology
Your Journey Starts Here
Fill in the form below to make an initial enquiry.
We will be in touch to arrange a date and time for an initial (free) 15-minute call or video chat.
This is to understand more about the issue(s) you are facing and how therapy and coaching can help you manage or overcome them.
After the initial 15 min call, if you wish to continue, you will need to complete the Chemistry Check-In form, You will then be invited to book a 60-minute Chemistry Check-In video call.
- This session will go through the results of your scorecard, dive into a bit more detail about your issues and give you some bespoke takeaways to work on going forward
- After the session, you will be sent an email inviting you to continue your Health and Wellbeing Wellbeing journey.
You are under no obligation to continue your journey with Cybercology. But, if you do choose us to partner with you can either pay for
Your Individual Wellbeing Journey Options
Concessions: £300 / 6 x 1 hour sessions
1-2-1 Ad-Hoc Sessions
Concessions: £55 / 1 hour session
Sessions must be booked at least a week in advance and must be paid for in advance.
- Each video call session lasts 60 minutes
- You can choose which video platform you are most comfortable using (Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp or Facetime)
- Couple, family or group sessions are available on request (but may incur an additional charge
- T’s & C’s for booking and cancelling a session vary for each option
- All sessions must be paid for in advance.